Here it is, day 3. Click here for further information.
..
3. How do you come up with names, for characters (and for places if you're writing about fictional places)?
For names, i have this book which contains lots of names for newborn babies. So, i'll just randomly open it, and if i like it, i'll use it. Sometimes i choose the first letter for her/his name first.
Sometimes i'll just use the first name that pop into my head. I also use the name of people that i like. Like example, i like Skream, so i use the name Dene Oliver. Too obvious huh?
At different time, i googled the name. Like sometimes, i need a Russian name, so i googled it, and believe me, when i make a name, i follow its rule. Like in russia, their middle name has to be their father's name followed by and -evich or -evna for girls. I like it when i made a complicated name, but it's still understandable and i made it according to the rules.
I've made my own names as well, and sometimes it turns out pretty weird that i don't even know how to say it. Still, i really love name that started from the letter V and R.
For places, i just use my own head and imagine it. I usually applies what i've seen once and simply make it bigger and add more details.
No comments:
Post a Comment