Issex Police Department. August 20th. 10.09 p.m.
You would not believe what had happened. This was rather humiliating and definitely an incident I would remember for my whole eternity. Tim Fischer was indeed a compelling fellow. With his ingenuity, he managed to execute such scheme. Incapacitated by his subtle demeanor, I had nothing else to do but yield to the disastrous exigency. What happen you ask? Believe me I would gladly enlighten your mind.
Figured that the number 6 house of Nottstrait was a simple, warm and cozy house. Didn't find the mess I was expecting, considering all stereotypical ingenious professor was a counterpart of the adjective 'disorganized'. Walked inside with suitcase and heart beating like mad. Spent some time sitting in the living-room. Tim Fischer quickly elude himself from me, seeming to be more interested in his tuxedo (kept saying that it looked ludicrous). The blonde man whom I knew as Aleks Ouwendjik (who had introduced himself to me a few minutes after I stepped inside the house) was busy enough to tell Tim Fischer that he looked perfect.
At this point, was wondering what kind of relation did the Ouwendjik had with Tim Fischer. Didn't mention that part to me in his introduction.
Told that they were supposed to be going away. Asked going where. A reservation at a restaurant, Ouwendjik said. Only the two of them, it was supposed to be. Tim Fischer added with a resenting tone that they had to bring me along now. Should have rolled my eyes with his words but instead felt excited. First dinner with biological father.
Few minutes later, had changed into the best clothing I had packed and propped behind their BMW. Tim Fischer was pouting along the road whereas Ouwendjik had asked me lots of question. Where did I come from, which school did I attend etc. Found myself a pretty good liar. Proud of it. Asked why I was interested in Quantum Physics and told them this word, "Because Aunt Janina had mentioned so much about the ingenious Professor Tim Fischer that I wanted to be like him."
(Didn't get a reaction at all, unfortunately)
Tim Fischer had mentioned several time how my existence in that very car was not wanted but I put the resentment thought aside. Tolerating him I tried. Proved to be a wrong thing to do. Tim Fischer did check his e-mail and found the mail that I had forged. He just grunted and said something like, "We do need to keep him." At that part I was making an undistinguished "yes". Had imagined how the whole summer would be with the two of us.
Dinner was nice, although Ouwendjik really tried to lighten up the mood with words and questions. Tim Fischer just keep pouting and answer every single question as short as he could. Just a "yes" or a "no". Sometimes a "hm" followed by a nod. He was stiff indeed.
The story started here. After dinner he told Ouwendjik that he would take me elsewhere for a minute. Was really enthusiastic. Broad smile and eyes wide open. Told me to get inside the car so i did. Asked where were we going but he didn't answer. Thought that he was going to leave Ouwendjik behind. Truth that he didn't, for it was just a 10 minutes ride. Stopped in front of a police station. Getting curious by that time.
Told me to get down so I did. Took me inside and met one of the police with me asking hundreds of questions in my head before Tim Fischer himself said this sentence to the police officer.
"I got this kid named Damian who had seemed to be running away from home. I'll leave the boy in your care if that's all right."
At that point I yelled, telling him that I am not what he said I am. Yelled to the police officer too but it seemed to have worsen the circumstance. Got a few police officer then rushing towards me (that was my fault, for right that time I was ready to jump on Tim Fischer for no apparent reason. Didn't feel like punching him in the face but at the same time, it did feel like the best thing to do. Remembered that he was my biological father, had the word at the tip of my tongue but refused to use that ultimate weapon just yet. Not that desperate).
"I didn't run away, I am telling the truth," I said.
"How about if I called your aunt Janina then, Damian?" he said, reaching to his phone. Was taunting me indeed.
The right words were 'Cat got my tongue'. Lost at words. Looked down and felt defeated. Couldn't let him do that. A flaw in my plan I admitted with shame. Stupidity. How could I, Desmond Holzman-Lyon be this stupid? Should have come up with different excuses. Should have been more prepared. My plan was rudimentary. Said that he couldn't do it. The smile on his face resembled victory it made everything felt worse.
Remembered him saying "go home" before ruffling my hair and left. The police officer asked for Mother's or Father's phone number. Told them I got it covered so I called Rufus. They didn't believe me and wished to speak to Rufus by themselves. Didn't matter. Rufus was on my side, he wouldn't tell Mother about it. Had to wait for Rufus to pick me up though. Spent times sitting with nothing to do, so typing this journal I did.
Embarrassing, once again. How could I be this stupid. Overpowered and defeated by Tim Fischer. By my own biological father. This would not happen again. I would return to the house and proved that I would not easily be rid off. Would prove that to Tim Fischer. Since I couldn't win in ingenuity alone, I could win in ambition and spirit. The fight of a bedlamite. Not, the losing side.
Wish me luck.
-Des
No comments:
Post a Comment