Well, if someone ever asked me what's the greatest moment that had ever happened in my life, it would be when I lie in a middle of a field, draped in thick furry clothes (because I won't definitely be surviving a 10 degrees wind without one) with my friend, drinking beer, screaming and laughing loudly at a nearby couple who's been kissing passionately and followed by a random game of truth or dare that didn't really get us anywhere but a talk about 'dragons' and malaysian kiss.
Thing is, nothing hurts more than goodbye. Knowing each other for only a week didn't feel enough (heck, even if it lasted for a month it would never be enough probably).
I was frustrated at first. Everybody talks in Mandarin and I am pretty much a retard in that matter. I spend 90 minutes listening to gibberish in a class and that feel really horrible. I'm talkative. Talking is a hobby (heck, it's a specialty). Not being able to talk is such an excruciating punishment. Yet in the end, i'm so glad and happy that i was able to converse with such wonderful people.
The last couple of days were hard. The idea of coming back to my ordinary life is not something I deem not exciting every time it struck my stupid brain (truth be told, the only thing that I miss from home is my dog. That and my laptop. God, i miss my laptop).
I admit that I cry. Sometimes it feels rather stupid after I think about it again. Something in my head says like, "Dude, you're crying for someone you only know for a week?" Even that same something says that writing this is stupid also.
But then again it's the little thing that strikes hard.
How I see everybody's face for the last time (so if you made a stupid face back then, I will probably remember you with that same expression for the rest of your life. HAHA)
How the song The Prayer and Time to Say Goodbye didn't really mean the same anymore. (it will forever screams Sam)
How I keep singing Dui Mian De Nv Hai Kan Guo Lai over and over again at home.
How I print the music sheet of All of Me and try to learn it once I got home (my brain keeps on saying something like, "Beat Yongxuan" and then I went like, "Dude, that's impossible")
How I won't remember Titanic scene with the original face of Jack and Rose again. (i start to imagine it with the face of Yongxuan and Leeseng)
How (stupidly and weirdly) the name 'Handsome' stuck to a certain someone. (yeah, Handsome-oppa, that's you)
How 'dragon' starts to mean more than just dragon
How Pontianak becomes a place I desperately want to go to
How the word 'Kuai Tian' (I don't know if I write it right) became something that I would gladly laugh upon.
How Swag becomes something that screams Xinxin (she's such an awesome girl)
How someone keeps calling me Tjie Tjie, Tjie Tjie.
How a three hour bus ride became something so enjoyable, filled with talks about handsome guy, korean rap, Eminem and a karaoke.
How I got two little brothers that I'm dying to kiss (you guys never let me TT_TT)
How the word 'modus' becomes something that leaves my mouth so frequently for the last couple of days.
How the word 'modus' becomes something that leaves my mouth so frequently for the last couple of days.
But nothing strikes more than changing back the time on your watch as you landed back in your hometown. Everything comes back to me at that moment and I was reminded that meeting my dear friend again would be something close to impossible.
God, i'm so emotional, am i not? (laugh ironically)
I had so many things going on in my head but there's this one word that's screaming to be said.
Thank you.
Thank you for meeting me.
Thank you for letting me to know you all.
Thank you for being a part of the life of someone called Stephanie Tanus, a little idiotic girl who wear beats, blue snapback, who likes to sing and rap loudly (stupidly too, don't forget), and of course, that one girl who can't speak a single Chinese at all.
(stupidly enough, i'm the only one who's looking to the camera on the last pic)
- ST



No comments:
Post a Comment