It's been a year since I last wrote about this 30 Day Writing Meme thing and I do sure have a real problem over something called 'finishing your story'. Yes, as you can guess, none of my story is finished now. The good thing is how I've managed to recreate Skye from scratch and it now has a better language and story. It turned into something Steampunk! Imagine that. Steampunk.
So 30 Day Writing Meme is something I've found in here. I made this with my friend and it's time (after a whole year, yes, i know) to continue and FINISH IT.
(Heck, this will be the only thing I could finish)
11. Who is your favorite character to write? Least favorite?
Oh, I really love this one. A great start.
Okay, my favorite character to write. It's definitely Reagen. Definitely, unequivocally and beyond any doubt, Reagen. I've written about him years ago. And yes, I still in love with him. His name still echoed in my head, though not in the exact frequency as it used to be years ago. But I still has this weird connection. He's so reachable. He's so easy for me to connect to.
So, a little background. Reagen has a rough childhood. He doesn't know who his father is and his mother kept on torturing him and his little sister. By some sort of way and I am certainly not telling you what that is, he killed his mother and his precious little sister that he loved so much. He lives his life in misery, thinking that he's a monster and everybody would hate him. And how could I relate to such thing? No, my parents don't torture me and I don't even have a little sister.
The thing is, in the story, Reagen grows up to be someone I called a liar. He put on this particular smile, a mask, that hide his true nature. That smile hides his sorrow and sadness and everybody loved him. That is where I could relate to him. In 7th grade and the beginning of 8th grade, I am him. I keep this smile that I think is not sincere. I just moved from my old house and things were different.
Then something happened in both Reagen's life and mine. In the story everybody hated him and knew what sort of a monster he was. That happened in my life as well, when everybody knew how much of a horrible person I am. Writing is my solitude. I kept on writing, most of it about Reagen and that's why I could relate to him so much. He was so real because I put my soul into him. When I write, I put a little bit of something within me into the character. Reagen is by far, the most alive of all. He is my greatest creation.
I really love him that this obsession turned into something really weird. Well, I would definitely named my son 'Reagen'. The name itself came from a book of babies' names. I just randomly pick it up, not knowing that he would be my favorite character of all. One thing that I remember clearly about Reagen is his weak smile. Not his mask, but this one particular smile that seemed weak. Something that you would give to someone in a good bye, or to encourage someone who'll lose in the end. That is how I always picture him. Sad and broken. He's always haunting me when I'm down.
I know a hell lot about him. It's not about how tall he is and what he like or what he doesn't like, but it's about how he would react to certain things. And I certainly know what would Reagen do in certain condition. Don't get me wrong, but he's not me entirely.
For the least, I don't know. I never truly hated my character. Maybe it's just those cameos that I quickly come up with without any real personality. That is just a name, not a character.
No comments:
Post a Comment