Thursday, December 20, 2012

Desmond #2

Issex. August 20th. 07.13 p.m.

Thought that Mother would have old letters like those ridiculous movie. Turned out she didn't. Foolish of me to think of the conventional since this wouldn't be something considered simple. Would be bemused it if was. 

Long story short, instead of letters, had hacked into her e-mail account and any electronic traces. Trying to find a breadcrumb of clues. Of course i'm capable of doing such things. Was called a 'genius' for an apparent reason. Polymath in almost everything, have to say. Except music, ruefully had to be acknowledged. Another prove, since both Mother and Father weren't such bright-minded individuals.

Prove number four, have to say.

Hacking into her account, I prepared myself for the upcoming obstacles. Ten years gap between whoever she had had contact with during my lifetime to the possible candidate of my biological father to-be. Believed that the situation wasn't as dismal as it seemed as that ten years gap had proven to be a bundle of 1000 individual e-mail. Could finish 1000 in one day. Once again, wasn't called a genius without a prominent prove that I am one. 

This act of debauchery had led me to a series of names. Taking notes and pattern of Mother's social life from the moment I was born until today, I had found something rather interesting. Had come across dozens of names, but one had surely caught my attention. Their contact began since Mother was in university and kept on going until around 6 months before I was born. Followed by nothing for almost a year before their chains of e-mails started popping again. 

To make it even more suspicious, that particular person was indeed Mother's boyfriend (spotted a few 'miss you and XOXO' written by Mother followed by some innuendos, teasing and other inappropriate things at other times. What I meant by inappropriate things were that of a sex tape. Found a few of them, apparently as a request from Mother as she herself was the one who asked her so-called boyfriend to tape it. Couldn't and didn't want to know more about them. Would definitely puke. Feeling like doing so even now).

Reading their conversation, I could make out a thing or two about the aforementioned individual. Not that kind that you would call amicable. Meticulous and unhumorous. Stiff. Short-written message and formal words notwithstanding you would find a few long-written one, filled with nothing but profanity (consisting that of the lowest and most repugnant kind of words that was uttered in a brothel to that that I doubted exist in this world but proven to be wrong after checking the Oxford Dictionary twice) about being groped or having an experiment met their failure. Didn't really understand it. At some point their e-mails was consisted of technical, names and terms that even I could not understand.

Stalking their conversation, I had found out that Mother had been apart from the individual for almost two years until their reconciled about a year before I was born. Mother moved to the individual's home. The full address was written in the e-mail. Apparently he resided in England as well. A professor at a local university despite his early age. 

Didn't want to be premature in decision but my instinct told me that i had found my answer. Googled him and found tons of articles. Unfortunately very few photos. None, even. Didn't want to find out how the individual look like from the sex tape either. Met him, maybe? Yes, of course meeting him. Just had to arrange an excuse. Summer vacation, so no school. Rufus could take me there. 24-hours drive. Wouldn't matter, really. 

So, packed my bag and just went without telling Mother. Got Rufus so everything would be all right. Seemed that this mystery of mine had come to an end. A pretty short story. Unchallenging in many ways. Too easy. Still this was just a threshold of everything that might come. Bracing myself to meet my biological father. A fifteen minutes drive away from the house numbered 6 at Nottstrait Road, Issex.

Wish me luck.

- Des

No comments:

Post a Comment